Yoogane & O'ma Spoon

K-Wave is evidently growing in Singapore and I cannot deny that I am being influenced by it, well, in food wise.
I do not fangirl at K-pop artises and not implying indirectly that they are nonsense as I do agree that some of them live up to the title of "oppa and unnie" (a respectful way use to address older male friends or brothers by korean females), but I just don't?
Don't get me started on why I don't go crazy because I really have no idea hahaha.
But, I do love their food culture, especially their KIMCHI (a korean dish, made with spicy pickled cabbage) and BINGSU (a korean dessert, with ice shavings and various ingredients).
Honestly speaking, I do not mind having korean every single day and it makes me a happier person whenever someone were to suggest korean for lunch/dinner.

I went to Korea once in 2014 and I really love their shopping and food culture.
I brought back quite a few memories after the trip which left me wanting for more!!!
Some pictures in Korea..
We had a free and easy trip and explored the vicinity ourselves so we were mainly around Seoul where all the popular hot places were mostly visited by tourists.

So that was when I started to frequent Korean restaurants and including the cuisine in my food choices.
I have tried a few korean cuisines this week and thought I would love to share it here.

Yoogane

I am pretty sure that many people have heard of Yoogane as they are located in Korea too.
In Singapore, it is located in:
Bugis Junction
200 Victoria Street #02-47/48
Singapore 188021
Tel: 6337 7337

West Gate
3 Gateway Drive #03-08
Singapore 608532
Tel: 6710 7821

*Very busy on weekends so preferably go early to queue up.
I waited for 30min for a table.

You may think, what is the rave here?
Because of their unique sauces and seasoning that sets them apart from others therefore, they were able to achieve good business despite the fierce competition from other restaurants that specializes in chicken galbi.

This is how you order:

Step 1
Select a pan.
You can have Chicken Galbi* or Cheese Fried Rice
*Only the meat pan has a minimum serving for 2 pax.

Step 2 (optional)
You may choose any toppings* for the pan.
If you have a total of 2 persons, then one topping choice each.
Or you can go au naturalle!
*Prices will be charged accordingly.

My boyfriend and I chose the Cheese Chicken Galbi as both of us are a cheeeeeeesy person hahahaha and ordered two noodles toppings and one ala carte dish.
And trust me, a pan for two is too much, considered that my boyfriend is quite an eater! We have not even touched the ala carte dish and felt rather full eating 2/3 of the pan.
I strongly advise to go with at least 3-4 pax but if both of you are big eaters then one pan is definitely just nice, minus the ala carte dish.

Look at all the cheeeeeeeese.
Not to worry about getting yourself meddled with cooking as someone will do it for you.
So just sit back and relax and watch it being cooked.


These two toppings are Ramyeon & Sticky noodles.
Really bad choice to choose the sticky noodles as it sticks to the pan a little and the taste is not as good as the ramyeon. Rice will be another option. 
I advise not to choose dokboki for your toppings as they have them in the Chicken Galbi already.
Well, basically, if you are looking for a healthy choice, forget about Yoogane as all of the choices are carbohydrates and more carbohydrates hahaha!

The ala carte Korean egg rolls dish is worth a try, not that bad, was a little too much for the both of us on that day that we nearly wanted to skip eating.
Like gekiang (smart alec) order so much as though it would be a small pan and small ala carte dish.

Damage done: :$87 for 2 (inclusive of drinks and ala carte dish)
My verdict, try once is enough.
I would rather stick back to korean bbq hahaha.

Oma's Spoon

Caught up with two of my "berries" friends for dinner at Somerset 313.
Back in Secondary School, we called ourselves the Berry Sisters and named our initials after berries.
So apparently, I did not have any English name back then so I was named after my Chinese name.
We have Strawberry, Raspberry & Cranberry in our group, and laughing at this is disrespectful because it shows how creative we were back then. LOL.

An Epic Conversation

Meet up location was set at Orchard, initially and in the midst of conversation I believe it was changed to Somerset after I got off at Orchard a few minutes later, EARLY.
And because the three of us were still deciding between Marche and Soup Spoon as we had a sick girl with us...

Me: Hey, I'm here already.
R: One more stop!
Me: OK, I'll be at F21, come over and find me.
10 minutes passed...
Me: R, where are you?
R: I am here a few minutes ago!
I went up to 3rd floor and then now back down to 2nd floor.
Apparently, the "floors" did not hit me as I thought Orchard's F21 has got 3 stories too so I went around to look for the escalator up.
Me: OK, I think I am on the 2nd floor.
R: 2nd floor nobody now except me LOL.
Me: Oh, then probably 1st floor! Since I have not found any escalators yet...
S: Where are you girls???
R: Somerset
Me: Orchard ..... R, no wonder you could not find me laaaaa LOL.

It is like the most epic moment because of the flustering moment of finding R and the escalator that made the whole conversation mirthful.
Dinner over at Marche and not to miss out, THE ROSTI.
*inserts magical sound*

Next to Oma's Spoon.

Seemingly endless variety to choose from and I would totally come back every week once to try different flavours.
So after school, my friends will know where to find me every week :D
We ordered Injeomi bingsu as it looks the healthiest (lying to ourselves) and rather unique.
Injeomi is made up of soya bean powder, almond and rice cakes which are healthy ingredients, right!!! *convinces*
And I would like to declare that I really love this one even though it looks plain.
And the shaving ice is soft like snow, definitely bringing my parents here to try!
Mistook the cubes as muah chee (glutinous rice balls), it is actually rice cakes!

Two outlets was opened at one go:

Somerset 313
O’ma Spoon Korean Dessert Café
313 @ Somerset, 313 Orchard Road #04-20/32 Singapore 238895 (Somerset MRT)
Opening Hours: 11:30am – 10pm (Mon-Thurs, Sun), 11:30am – 12am (Fri-Sat)


Marina Square
O’ma Spoon Korean Dessert Café
6 Raffles Boulevard #04-102 Marina Square Singapore 039594
313 @ Somerset 313 Orchard Road #04-20/32 Singapore 238895
Opening Hours: 10am – 10pm Daily



I have been busy catching up with my friends and I really enjoyed the time spent with them.
Caught up really a lot, not just laughter, more of "what are you up to lately?" kind of questions.
I sincerely love the conversation I have had with my friends right now and really, communication is key.
Cherish your friends who you hold close to or forgive the forgivable and not bear grudges.